The New Year’s Eve Block Party returns for a third year with a celebration that only the OC Fair could offer with hit tribute bands, gourmet food trucks, a demolition derby, Vegas-style games and a midnight pyrotechnic celebration, all for one affordable admission price.
For music lovers, the New Year’s Eve Block Party will feature four stages with tribute bands covering four decades of rock music:
• For the 1960’s: Hot August Night – A Neil Diamond Tribute and Abbey Road with Jumping Jack Flash – The Beatles vs. The Stones
• For the 1970’s: Heartbreaker – “Led Zeppelin Live”, Queen Nation – A Tribute to the Music of Queen and Journey Unauthorized – A Salute to the Music of Journey
• For the 1980’s: Strangelove – A Live Depeche Mode Tribute, Atomic Punks – A Van Halen Tribute and Dead Man’s Party – The Oingo Boingo Tribute
• For the 1990’s: Green Today – A Tribute to Green Day, No Duh – The Ultimate No Doubt / Gwen Stefani Concert Tribute Experience and The Joshua Tree – A Tribute to U2
For foodies, the New Year’s Eve Block Party will feature gourmet food truck grub from: Bakery Truck (desserts), Dos Chinos (Latin-Asian fusion), A Bite Truck (California fusion), Baconmania (bacon-inspired dishes), Dogzilla (gourmet hot dogs), White Rabbit (Filipino-fusion), Piaggio On Wheels (Argentinean), Garlicscapes (garlic-inspired dishes), Ragin Cajun (Cajun), Macho Nacho (gourmet nachos), Me So Hungry (gourmet sliders and hamburgers), The Burnt Truck (gourmet sliders), Shortstop BBQ (BBQ fare) and The Lime Truck (fresh California cuisine).
The NYE Bash Demolition Derby will bring the fun of mass destruction for the adventurous types and the free Vegas-style games will offer revelers a chance to test their luck.
At midnight, everyone can enjoy as the OC Fair lights up the night sky with a pyrotechnic celebration to welcome in the New Year.
Admission and parking can be purchased online at ocfair.com/blockparty or from the onsite Box Office on a limited-time basis.
Best part is we are giving away a pair of tickets!!
Contest details: There are a three ways to win:
1. Follow @satnightfoodies and @OCFair (1 entry for each follow).
2. After you follow, simply RT this link (1 entry). We’ve made it easier for you tweeters, all you have to do is copy and paste the following into twitter:
I entered to WIN TICKETS to the @OCFair #NYEBlockParty Dec 31 via @SatNightFoodies http://bit.ly/OCFairNYE2013 RT to enter!
3. Finally in the comment section below let us know which of the gourmet food trucks you are looking forward to visiting the most
That means you can get a total of four entries!!
Contest ends Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:59pm PT and the winner will be announced on December 21. One lucky winner will win a pair of general admission passes (Valued at $95). Good luck and happy tweeting!